Blown away . . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have only killed one bird so far and only seen about four and they were flying to high to hit I have seen lots of deer, geese, and ducks. This is the worst season for me ever and just about everyone else I have talked to around here too.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad at least someone is seeing some dove. I have yet to see any anywhere here in the southern part of the state. None on the lines or in any of the fields I've looked at.

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went out with my dad and brother the past two days. We saw several hundred birds either on some of our milo or corn. It is D#MN hard to drop them when they are flying about mach III with this wind! We had several messes of birds, but I do know that I through entirely too much lead...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With home repairs taking priority numero uno, I was only able to get out yesterday. With the wind, my allergies limited my time out in the field. Didnt see one dove in an area I normally see a crap ton. And yes, thats an official game bird counting measurement.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 500 reported on Saturday dropped to maybe 200 on Sunday. Big field of sunflowers, some of which are 10 feet tall.

I killed five, and missed a bunch. My shooting has not improved with age, resulting in a fine whine . . .

Bunches of whitewings, and they were large birds. Also saw a white dove flying with a whitewing. Other guys thought it was one of those Eurasian Ringnecks that you see only in town, but it was no larger than the whitewing, and was snow white. My guess is that it was an aberrant whitewing, but don't know.

I did kill the largest mourning dove I have evere seen. Looked almost like a smallish pigeon.

This was southeast of Snyder. Plenty of birds, and they tried to commit suicide, but I need practice, and to use a looser choke. I was shooting a modified choke, but that's no excuse for my lousy shooting. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom