Blue Ray Player for Christmas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
We have a Samsung 40" LCD we just bought for $699, my parents just bought the same basic TV, just 46" for I think $799.

Looks good, works good, and has a freakin ton of features and hookups.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah we got a new 60" Samsung LCD/LED a couple of weeks ago, it freaking rocks on BR movies. So much that I will wait on the movies I want to watch for me to get them on BR.

The in laws came over for movie night on Saturday and said it was better than going to the theater when the movie was done...lol

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the Sony BDP-S570

Netflix and all that crap works, but I have to say the format support sucks for DLNA, Data DVDs and USB sticks. No DiVX/XviD, no ISO/MKV and no AVI files, it seems. MPEG2 seems to be about it for DLNA, and that stutters horribly over 802.11g.
I'm going to have to run Cat5, I guess.
I like having all my DVDs stored on the fileserver, it sucks having to flip through the binders now.

Wish I would have purchased the Samsung or LG

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you've noticed but some retailers have better sale prices on TVs now than they did on Black Friday. Some analysts are predicting that prices will drop again after the Super Bowl. Unless you're buying a tv for the big game, you may want to postpone a few weeks and get a slightly better price.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 60 day price garuntee through bestbuy so I dont worry about it, plus I got the store to knock an additional $300 off of the sale price when I bought mine.

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the LG wi-fi setup (got it for christmas too) and I've been playing with it all weekend. I dig the DLNA setup because I store my dvd's a server as well, and plays most everything I've thrown at it, minus FLV and M4V. The quality is quite acceptable even with the videos I've ripped at a higher compression rate. Those ripped at a full 720p or 1080p are as beautiful as the blu-ray they came from. Highly recommended. I wish I had better internet, netflix sucks with low speeds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom