Beretta 80x cheetah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ak12161

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 4 months watching videos, looking at pictures and calling every gun store within a 50 mile radius. I had gotten to the point where the money I had saved for the gun was starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I went down to my local brick and mortar and browsed around again as a last hoorah. Disappointed of course I finally just started moving towards the glocks to pick up something and then I see my usual sales guy. He wakes up and say hey man, I got one of those 80x’s and it should be ready to sell later today. The amount of shock and joy that hit me…. It was like being a kid on Christmas again! We did the run around and I waited a bit and there she was… ready to go… All mine finally.

Anyway gentlemen…. I’ve got her now.

Haven’t gotten to shoot her yet but man…. This has got to be one of my favorite guns just to look at. Feels good in hand and everything on the gun just shouts “look at me!!!”

Not all sunshine’s and rainbows sadly. I do not like the safety. Not because it’s a safety…. When decocking the gun from single back to double. It has a weird mid click that engages prior to the actual safety engage. No it’s not for condition 1 carry…. If you pull the trigger, it’ll go bang. Second thing I dislike is they blasted the damn slide and frame with a bunch of safety warnings and labels. It hurts my heart to see “fires without magazine” emblazed on the side of my frame. The last complaint is really a non issue or something I think firing the gun will fix or wear in which is when you engage the gun into single action via the slide for dry fire, the trigger will make an Audible click if you barley touch it. It’s not the reset click. It’s almost as if the trigger bar didn’t fully seat. However again…. Just an ocd issue I see it since I don’t ever touch the trigger unless it’s boom boom time.

While I have a few small dislikes, I have the same or more with allot of other guns. This by far is one of my favorite handguns I’ve purchased so far. Great to look at, great trigger in single and double and overall just a great piece to add to the collection. I haven’t shot it yet but will be going this weekend or next to break her in. I may even start carrying her if she proves to be accurate and reliable.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpeg
    IMG_1102.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1101.jpeg
    IMG_1101.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 85. The only thing I dont like about it is the slide isnt tall. racking the slide is interrupted by my finger tips hitting the decocker. THe 80X looks like a nice upgrade

SKATA

Leave the gun, take the cannoli
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last 4 months watching videos, looking at pictures and calling every gun store within a 50 mile radius. I had gotten to the point where the money I had saved for the gun was starting to burn a hole in my pocket. I went down to my local brick and mortar and browsed around again as a last hoorah. Disappointed of course I finally just started moving towards the glocks to pick up something and then I see my usual sales guy. He wakes up and say hey man, I got one of those 80x’s and it should be ready to sell later today. The amount of shock and joy that hit me…. It was like being a kid on Christmas again! We did the run around and I waited a bit and there she was… ready to go… All mine finally.

Anyway gentlemen…. I’ve got her now.

Haven’t gotten to shoot her yet but man…. This has got to be one of my favorite guns just to look at. Feels good in hand and everything on the gun just shouts “look at me!!!”

Not all sunshine’s and rainbows sadly. I do not like the safety. Not because it’s a safety…. When decocking the gun from single back to double. It has a weird mid click that engages prior to the actual safety engage. No it’s not for condition 1 carry…. If you pull the trigger, it’ll go bang. Second thing I dislike is they blasted the damn slide and frame with a bunch of safety warnings and labels. It hurts my heart to see “fires without magazine” emblazed on the side of my frame. The last complaint is really a non issue or something I think firing the gun will fix or wear in which is when you engage the gun into single action via the slide for dry fire, the trigger will make an Audible click if you barley touch it. It’s not the reset click. It’s almost as if the trigger bar didn’t fully seat. However again…. Just an ocd issue I see it since I don’t ever touch the trigger unless it’s boom boom time.

While I have a few small dislikes, I have the same or more with allot of other guns. This by far is one of my favorite handguns I’ve purchased so far. Great to look at, great trigger in single and double and overall just a great piece to add to the collection. I haven’t shot it yet but will be going this weekend or next to break her in. I may even start carrying her if she proves to be accurate and reliable.
I have the Beretta 84b, circa early 1980's. Made in Italy and I think only one year? It is a 13rd magazine instead of 8rds. Fits great and in excellent condition.

Attachments

• Beretta 84b (2).jpg
    Beretta 84b (2).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Beretta 84b, circa early 1980's. Made in Italy and I think only one year? It is a 13rd magazine instead of 8rds. Fits great and in excellent condition.

I've got the Browning BDA version of that, only slight differences.

They are pretty like a work of art. I never could shoot mine all that well, but lordy lordy they're pretty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom