Bolt Action Project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jc5420

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious on couple things on your project. Why stamp the caliber on the action?
What kind of barrel was that? You contoured it yourself?

I was scratching my head about this one too. As far as stocks go, McMillan, Manners, XLR would be my top choices and I believe they inlet for the Model 7 if it is any different from the 700.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm curious on couple things on your project. Why stamp the caliber on the action?
What kind of barrel was that? You contoured it yourself?
I engraved the Cal. on the Action as the gun has to be marked per the ATF. I did not put it on the barrel because because the barrel is not 100% done just yet. As for the barrel, we did all work in house. That is all I am letting out on this barrel tell the gun is done and tested to where I want it.

And I'm not sure on exactly what kind of stock you are wanting, but there are all kinds of stocks out there for Remmy 700 footprints.
Look around for scopes, plenty of options there too.
Now as the stock, yes their are many people that makes the stocks for Remington and I had looked into them a bit, but when it came down to this Rifle, just one that stood out to me the most. With this being MY gun, and not one that will be on the market so I ended up picking this stock.

Now on scopes, their are lots to pick from but the and I am sure I will have a NightForce for this one and kinda looking like I will go with a Vortex for my .308 factory gun.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right. As just a action, I did not need to put it their. Once I barrel it I can put it on the barrel. I just took care of it all at once. Just something less I got to do later.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know your a dealer but there are lots of nightforce versions in stock and ready to ship at lots of vendors. With the exception of their b.e.a.s.t they're as rare as unicorns. Following this thread for sure. Nice looking action btw.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know your a dealer but there are lots of nightforce versions in stock and ready to ship at lots of vendors. With the exception of their b.e.a.s.t they're as rare as unicorns. Following this thread for sure. Nice looking action btw.

Thank you. I can not wait to have it done and shooting.

I am looking to become a Night Force dealer. (Not sure if we are going to make it happen just yet) The b.e.a.s.t is a very nice scope. Just no way I could buy that one. Dealer price is still way over what I can put into any scope. lol

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I am looking to become a Night Force dealer. (Not sure if we are going to make it happen just yet) The b.e.a.s.t is a very nice scope. Just no way I could buy that one. Dealer price is still way over what I can put into any scope. lol

Check third generation shooting supply (gene sears) they had a pretty good selection earlier this week.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

There's a nightforce in the classifieds if your still looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom