Booger hook off the bang switch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even people that think they know what they're doing are idiots sometimes.
Those are the most dangerous ones. People who don't know better can be taught how to do it right, but it's hard to get through to the ones who "know what they're doing." As the old saying goes, the problem isn't what you don't know, it's what you know that ain't so...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The late great Dan Coombs told me, "An unloaded gun is physically impossible to kill you unless someone uses it like a club. It is the unloaded head that kills.'

You must still treat every gun like it is loaded. Especially when your head isn't.
I worked with his son for awhile. Nice guy.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He picked up the gun without asking permission, cycled the bolt and ND fired the AK into the brand new bedroom wall. Round did not exit brick exterior.

This is a good data point for those that are afraid to use a rifle caliber, firearm for home defense because of penetration. I saw a recent test where a 16 inch barreled 9 mm AR penetrated more drywall and wood then a 5.56 AR.

Obviously a lot of this depends on the ammo and barrel length and home construction but we shouldn’t act like it is an absolute given that if you fire a rifle in a home, it’s going to go through 27 walls and kill all of your neighbors.

I’m glad no one was hurt!

Latest posts

Top Bottom