• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North West OK Bottle Calves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
while i hated it as a tiny boy, i did learn that their life depended on me feeding them, and even when the little knot heads would head butt me getting to the bottle, there is something greatly full filling in bottle feeding a calf. it can teach a kid to not be so damn selfish and self serving :)

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Some ranchers look for a family that want to raise a bottle calf until weaning age and then its returned to the herd. Rancher makes a deal on fresh beef when 1 goes to the processor.

Is this more on the lines of what you were thinking?

Bottle calves are fed twice a day every where I know of, including Braum's dairy.
no sir. i can raise orphans and always have or transplanted them to another cow. just considering selling any orphans outright so i don't have to mess with them.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Still waiting on a price.
".......thanks guys i will keep you posted as things progress. like i said any calves would be angus not dairy... i usually keep orphans and just feed them until weaning put them on grass and sell them with their brothers and sisters or for butcher."

Latest posts

Top Bottom