Bowling Pin match in Duncan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went today it was my first match of any kind and had more fun than I've had in awhile I only made it 4 rounds but it was a new gun and load so once I get em dialed in and practice..... Alot lol maybe I'll hang in the match a bit longer
It was pretty neat watching the boomer shooters team even got beat by one of their guys very badly I might add lol will definitely attend the next one

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered 10 pins on ebay for some practice. I have a chance to buy 100 more for 100 bucks, but I have no way to get to fart worth to pick them up. I have a buddy down that way that might be able to get them for me this week. I'm planning on getting in on this next BPM if i can get the practice in and RedHawk can put up with me long enough. Lol

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered 10 pins on ebay for some practice. I have a chance to buy 100 more for 100 bucks, but I have no way to get to fart worth to pick them up. I have a buddy down that way that might be able to get them for me this week. I'm planning on getting in on this next BPM if i can get the practice in and RedHawk can put up with me long enough. Lol
Good luck Buddy

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm afraid to ask what that is Dennis. Lol, i don't need to be walking, much less running with a loaded weapon.

Steel challenge is speed shooting at steel. Most use .22 LR with pistols or rifles. The object is to hit/ring the steel in the shortest time. Its mostly standing in a box and shooting. Very little movement.

USPSA on the other hand is all about running and gunning. Shot with centerfire pistols in different divisions/levels.

The rules are very strict that if your moving, your finger is out of the trigger area. Range safety officers are moving with you to observe any safety violations and stop the shooting if there are any.

A stage is set up with barriers and a combination of steel and paper targets to shoot at. The competitor decides how they want to run the course and shoot the targest in the least number of shots and with the quickest time. Its very competitive and a ball of fun.

There may be up to 8 stages set up for a match. The divisions run from factory stock guns to open rules guns that are allowed to use muzzle brakes and optics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom