Brass ID?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Google search:
"7.62 NATO FMJBT, cupro-nickel clad steel jacket, lead core, smooth crimp cannelure from Metallwerk Elisenhütte G.m.b.H., Nassau, Lahn, Germany. Lot imported for the US commercial market, available by Midway USA, June, 2008. Brass case, brass percussion berdan primer, green primer sealant, 3-stab primer crimp. Headstamp (NATO symbol) "MEN 94B0008" (Headstamp includes lot number, indicating February 1994 production.) "

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being Berdan primed, it will make it much more difficult to work with, but not impossible. I believe that Midway sells the correct tools to decap the Berdan cases. Don't try to use your standard sizing dies, or you will be buying new decapping pins and possible the entire center assembly if you tweak it too hard. Take a look inside the case with a good light, and then compare it to a commercial Federal, Winchestet, Remington etc case. You will notice two little holes sidexside instead of one in the middle.

good luck.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang those Euros and their berdan primers. Its something I dont get,... Berdan was a US invention, and the Euros use it. Boxer was an English invention, and we use it.

I have heard its to reduce the "reloading" in Europe, but I cant be certain on that.

Latest posts

Top Bottom