Browning Buck Mark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonodeck

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I bought this model about two years ago,

http://www.browning.com/products/ca...&content=buck-mark-plus-rosewood-udx-firearms

I love this pistol. But, it’s like bad love.

Every trip to the range involves a few FTEs. It really gets bad with lead rounds. Sometimes it gets frustrating. When I first got this pistol I had tons of FTF and FTEs…..Shite! The more I shoot it the better, incrementally it gets.

The good. It fits my hand like a glove, very, very accurate. When it’s on, it’s on. I like it because it’s cheap to shoot, very cheap. I like the looks; I think it’s a classic design.

Would I buy this pistol over again? Yeah. It’s a bad love but I can’t help myself.

MBB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had flawless performance from my Buckmark using CCI Mini-Mags. I've had trouble with CCI Stingers (too long) and lead bullets too (maybe the problem isn't the lead, but Remington .22 ammo in general). The best bulk pack for my .22s is Federal. They work great except for the occasional failure to fire. Also, .22s get dirty in a hurry and a good cleaning after every range trip dramatically reduces problems.

Nice looking Buckmark, BTW.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when using cheap/bulk .22lr ammo... failure to fire are part of what you get. Remington Gold .22lr in bulk from Walmart had LOTS of FTF for me. one of the rare times they offered to take it back and give a refund on ammo.

some folks had better luck with Federal bulk .22lr... others had lots of FTF ... with bulk .22 ammo, expect a few failure to fire.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took mine right out of the box last week and shot 200rds of CCI mini mag without a single hiccup. $7/100rds is worth it to me for perfect running 22lr

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you have not stated failure to fire is from gun jamming or bad ammo
have you taken the jammed rounds and try to fire again?

Latest posts

Top Bottom