Browsing through the classifieds is like...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think we should have an auction section for the site.
IMG_1824.png
so you’re saying we should save our pennies to bid on coveted items like toenails?

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It would be even worse. The one rib technique and G34 plus ammo trades would be off the charts. Oh, and the 5 cent bids too.
Not if you use the same format as say Gunbroker (to a degree). Let the seller name the starting bid. Also, let the seller put a hidden reserve on his sale (if that’s what he or she wants). Also, I think a lot of newer gun sellers are unsure what to list gun for. This might give them a more realistic idea of what things are worth. Also, it’ll bring more people to the site, who’ll have to pay to use the auction section. Nothing like increasing membership and generating income for our community.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not if you use the same format as say Gunbroker (to a degree). Let the seller name the starting bid. Also, let the seller put a hidden reserve on his sale (if that’s what he or she wants). Also, I think a lot of newer gun sellers are unsure what to list gun for. This might give them a more realistic idea of what things are worth. Also, it’ll bring more people to the site, who’ll have to pay to use the auction section. Nothing like increasing membership and generating income for our community.
Our membership increases by about 8-12 per day but you'd never know it, most are out of state, are only here for the classifieds, and just PM, rarely do they post and when they do it's just in the classifieds.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our membership increases by about 8-12 per day but you'd never know it, most are out of state, are only here for the classifieds, and just PM, rarely do they post and when they do it's just in the classifieds.
The classifieds look kinda dead. I’ll stick to Gunbroker I guess. LOL.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With current prices at everyone's fingertips people are just absolutely terrified of leaving money on the table. In addition to the epoch of resell markets over the past 20 years it certainly limits the steals and deals available.

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With current prices at everyone's fingertips people are just absolutely terrified of leaving money on the table. In addition to the epoch of resell markets over the past 20 years it certainly limits the steals and deals available.

Maybe , but one thing I have learned from this forum and other places is that a lot of folks don't understand the difference between investment grade guns and other stuff.

There are also no shortage of people trying to get $1200 for Glock 19 pistols with a trigger in them, and I want to add that's their privilege to do so , and Bless their hearts for trying.