Bucks Sparring Already?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A buddy at work found these dead in a small pond on his property. He still hasnt been able to pry them apart without breaking an antler.

Im surprised they are already sparring. :anyone:

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a shame we lost two great animals.
Bucks spar as soon as they grow antlers. Note I said spar.
They push each other around for a couple of seconds, and then browse or whatever.
Reminds me of some Junior High kids.
:D

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check with a game warden. When a guy out here found 2 bucks locked up, one dead, and one alive. It was muzzleloader season, he had to shoot the live one, use his antlered tag for the shot buck. And I can't remember if the game warden wrote him special tag for the other or if he had to use his archery antlered tag.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would check with a game warden. When a guy out here found 2 bucks locked up, one dead, and one alive. It was muzzleloader season, he had to shoot the live one, use his antlered tag for the shot buck. And I can't remember if the game warden wrote him special tag for the other or if he had to use his archery antlered tag.

It was a few years ago, but a guy going home from work that I know drove past the WMA on Kaw lake. He saw two bucks locked up, went home got his bow and went back. They were still locked up and totally wasted. He shot them both with the bow, and had them mounted locked up. Legal deal with the bow.
He also reported that the taxidermist found two .22 rounds in the neck of one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom