Bulk Extra Mag Storage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you use to store bulk extra rifle mags? I'm starting to get a fair amount of AR and AK mags that are just loose and I need a way to store them. I really don't have room for any more ammo cans, which is how I have some of the loaded ones stored. I'm thinking of just getting some of those reusable grocery bags and sort the different mag types between bags. I have either chest rigs or mag go bags of everything already, this is just for unused spares.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What do you use to store bulk extra rifle mags? I'm starting to get a fair amount of AR and AK mags that are just loose and I need a way to store them. I really don't have room for any more ammo cans, which is how I have some of the loaded ones stored. I'm thinking of just getting some of those reusable grocery bags and sort the different mag types between bags. I have either chest rigs or mag go bags of everything already, this is just for unused spares.
I know you said you’re not looking for ammo cans. If you use a fat 50 ammo can, not a regular 50cal can, you can put 32 AR mags in it neatly. I don’t have many AK mags but I haven’t found anything that they fit in well that is compact. I’d be interested in what other people use also.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, you don't just store them like this?
1657595717115.png

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Watch for the shoulder pouches from Primary Arms, they are incredible storage and the side pockets are handy for tools when you do take them to the range.

Same material as the old green tool bags most of our dads had from Vietnam days. Good stuff.

Veshuma

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in 2020 I scored a pelican 1600 for 30 bucks. I keep a good 30 loaded ak mags in it. Heavy as ****, but solid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom