Bullet Proof Vests

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for some info on bullet proof vests. Specifically from those that use them. I'm looking for what is considered the best at doing its job and the thinnest most concealable package available. If need any more info post some questions for me.

Thanks

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No such critter as a 'bullet proof vest'. As for body armor, sounds like you want it concealed? What is your expected threat level? How concealed does it need to be? Why do you feel you need to wear one? And what is your intended use?

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for what is considered the best at doing its job and the thinnest most concealable package available.

There is no "best" vest. There are numerous trade-offs you'll have to consider. Comfort vs coverage for instance - do you want full side protection or open sides to allow better cooling? Generally people do not wear these uncomfortable things unless they know they are going into a high risk situation.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like your looking for a comfortable...concealable vest...well you give up protection for conceal ability and there is no such thing as a comfortable vest...You just have to get used to wearing one and sweating all day or night in one...I have had good luck with Second Chance Body Armor but I were a big vest with a large trauma plate and it is relatively comfortable wearing it for 10 hours at a time when I'm working.

GunsForSale.com

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bulletproofme is a good place to start. If you have more information on what your intended purpose of the vest is, I could probably provide more info.

For example, if you were doing uniformed law enforcement/security work, there are lots of choices there. If you are looking for something as "deep concealment" then there are choices there. Looking to stop rifle rounds? Yet another whole branch of the industry.

There are some boutique clothiers who produce jackets, coats, and other garments with built in bullet resistant fibers. More expensive, but the best choice for many needing ultra-deep concealment.

As others said, there are trade-offs and no across the board "best." The best you can get is "excellent for this specific purpose."

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have some armor plate from my old job that would stop A LOT more than body armor would. the only downside is that it is very heavy. i plan on using it in a couple of vests

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in law enforcement but there are a lot of robberies in my profession. Thankfully no one has been shot but to ease my wifes mind I told her I would look into getting something. Yes I know there is no such thing as "bullet proof" and I am not looking for any type that has plates. I would have to wear it for 10 hours at a time so the best protection I can get and still be able to move. Even the thinnest protection has to be better than wearing nothing right?

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looking for some info on bullet proof vests. Specifically from those that use them. I'm looking for what is considered the best at doing its job and the thinnest most concealable package available. If need any more info post some questions for me.

Thanks

Here is just one site that you can get some ideas on.
http://www.bulletproofme.com/

Latest posts

Top Bottom