9MM Luger Reloading Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got some 115 gr copper jacket round nose that I'm trying to reload using Tite Group powder. Problem is the only data I can find for Tite Group is for 115 gr LRN or 155 gr GDHP. Can I use one of those formula's or do I need something specific to the bullet I'm using?

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hodgdon data site:
https://www.hodgdonreloading.com/reloading-data-center?rdc=true&type=534.5 gr for most jacketed 115gr 9mm for titegroup. I use 4.1 gr for 124gr Jacketed 9mm for light load that will work an M&P action.
Thanks.. I already looked at the Hodgdon site, but I was unsure what to go with since it doesn't list a jacked round nose bullet, only hollow points. I'm really just curious if the same load data applies, or can apply, to both a hollow point and a jacked round nose.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you are loading at the top of +P, most jacketed bullets load the same with titegroup, "close enough, use a chrono to fine tune in IDPA, USPSA." Most titegroup loads for competition are moderate, which is why titegroup is most popular according to competitor surveys. Loads like water, and is very reliable and consistent. IMHO.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unless you are loading at the top of +P, most jacketed bullets load the same with titegroup, "close enough, use a chrono to fine tune in IDPA, USPSA." Most titegroup loads for competition are moderate, which is why titegroup is most popular according to competitor surveys. Loads like water, and is very reliable and consistent. IMHO.
Thank you!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have found that titegroup is pretty worthless for 9 unless all that you want is a light duty plinking load.
Which is why competitors use it a lot. It's all about punching tiny holes in paper and ringing steel the quickest. Lower recoil ='s more accurate and faster target acquisition after the shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom