Burger King is moving to Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should replace corporate taxes with a sales tax. Might as well be able to see what you are forking over to the government instead of letting it remain hidden. As a plus, it would tax all imports and no exports. That would encourage corporations to move to the US instead of away.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“We need an immediate fix to forestall a flood of these dangerous inversions and a long term solution that lowers corporate tax rates while instituting a country-by-country global minimum tax,” Brown added. “This kind of common sense reform will close down tax havens that cost our country revenue and cost American jobs.

America, we will tell other countires what to tax businesses so businesses don't flee our tax heavy laws.....makes perfect sense, and I am sure the world would gladly oblige.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we increased the minimum wage this wouldn't be a problem.

Bwahaha!

Personally I like BK's burgers. I get the hankerin' for a Whopper once every couple of months, I suppose.

I have been patronizing Freddy's alot more, though, since we have one in Bartlesville now. W00T!

I don't remember the last time I ate a McDonald's burger... I know it's been more than 6 months. And every McD's burger in the last 3 years probably has been forced on me by the choice of a group - sending someone to pick up dinner and everyone else wants McD's. Ugh. I'm stuck, in that situation. No real choice but to go hungry, which I did a number of times, as well. I thought I'd give their McNuggets a try a couple times, too and was seriously disappointed. At least Whoppers are tasty, IMO, but I don't get them very often - like I said, every couple of months.

Now, if we had Tim Horton's here, I'd be pleased. They have great coffee! Or did, last time I was in Canada, which, admittedly was probably... 2006, I think.

This is what happens when you try to overtax people and companies to support ballooning social programs - they get sick of it and leave. I don't blame them, I'm beginning to look into my own "exit strategy" someday.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spent 2 weeks in Toronto last year and Tim Hortons are on every corner. It's crazy. The doughnuts were good but not really any better than anything we have here.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of folks don't know it but, The corporate offices of Burger King donates money to gun control groups like the Brady Campaign and the likes !

Latest posts

Top Bottom