Burris Scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I have never even shot with one of these before, but have read some pretty good reviews on them. Does anyone have any experience with them, or opinions of them?

I bought a Remington 700 VLS in 204 Ruger, :woohoo1:, and will be using it for paper punching, 'yotes, and prairie dogs, maybe for squirrels while I sit inside a tent, and see them 150 yards out.....

I am thinking of this one, comments, opinions?

http://www.opticsplanet.net/burris-65-20x50mm-fullfield-ii-rifle-scope.html

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a burris fullfield II 4.5-14 x 42. I really like it. I basically went to bass pro one day and just pulled a bunch of scopes out and looked through them. I had read all of the reviews and the Burris was super bright and clear. I liked it so much that I bought a 3 - 9 x 40 for my dad last year. I would highly recommend it.

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like the 3-9 power range you can still find the scope/bino combo several places online for $219. Smoking hot deal.

Evan

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you like the 3-9 power range you can still find the scope/bino combo several places online for $219. Smoking hot deal.

Evan

I am looking for a high power. This rifle has 500+ yard potential, notice I said the rifle, not the shooter. I am looking at either a 4.5x14, or a 6x20 adjustable. My only concern is if the 6x power would be too high to hunt with inside 30 yards? Thanks for the heads up though, I have a 30/30 I may need one for.

I like the price of the Fullfield, but have been recommended to save up and get an XTR, (I think is correct). Everyone that has dealt with them have been positive, they are just a little cheaper than Leupold, and a lot cheaper than Nightforce. Nikon seems to have some pretty nice scopes, fairly reasonable, but I don't like the recticles on them.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am looking for a high power. This rifle has 500+ yard potential, notice I said the rifle, not the shooter. I am looking at either a 4.5x14, or a 6x20 adjustable. My only concern is if the 6x power would be too high to hunt with inside 30 yards? Thanks for the heads up though, I have a 30/30 I may need one for.

I like the price of the Fullfield, but have been recommended to save up and get an XTR, (I think is correct). Everyone that has dealt with them have been positive, they are just a little cheaper than Leupold, and a lot cheaper than Nightforce. Nikon seems to have some pretty nice scopes, fairly reasonable, but I don't like the recticles on them.

If they are inside of 30 yards shoot em with your handgun LOL!

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say pay once....hurt once..... but get the leupold or a zeiss
Mark II 6-18x 40mm (AO) T1 Matte Mil Dot LEU62945 $649.95
VX-3 6.5-20 x 40mm Matte Varmint Hunters (AO) $779.95
VX-II 6-18X 40mm Matte (AO) (LRV Duplex)LEU61295 $529.95
Conquest 4.5-14 x 50mm Matte (RapidZ 1000) Side Focus & Trgt Knobs ZEI521490#73 $924
Conquest 6.5-20 x 50mm Matte (Mil-Dot) Side Focus & Trgt Knobs
ZEI521450#43 $1,049

fltmedic

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My vote for a good scope on the median price range is a Wotac 4-14X50. I have several and they are great scopes for the money. They track well and they have a lifetime warranty and customer service is excellent plus they are made in Oklahoma. The 4-14x50 has 1/4MOA adjustment and the reticle is spaced in MOA and 1/2 Mils. You can read other reviews at snipercentral.com.

Latest posts

Top Bottom