Burris Scopes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Burris is a decent scope for the money. I have a 3x9 on my son's .243 Tikka. Sweet set-up for little $$$. The downside is the scope was not made in Greeley CO.; but rather the P.I. :50cal:

What's a Wotac? Is that a scope from Wonder Optics?

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking for a high power. This rifle has 500+ yard potential, notice I said the rifle, not the shooter. I am looking at either a 4.5x14, or a 6x20 adjustable. My only concern is if the 6x power would be too high to hunt with inside 30 yards? Thanks for the heads up though, I have a 30/30 I may need one for.

I like the price of the Fullfield, but have been recommended to save up and get an XTR, (I think is correct). Everyone that has dealt with them have been positive, they are just a little cheaper than Leupold, and a lot cheaper than Nightforce. Nikon seems to have some pretty nice scopes, fairly reasonable, but I don't like the recticles on them.

IMO, 20x is getting too high, unless you're going to be putting a lot of time behind the gun(stability/tremble and paralax). I wouldn't fart around with a Fullfield- get either the Signature, or the XTR.

YMMV, but my experience with their CS has been excellent- I sent back a Posi-lok that I forgot to lock, and consequently damaged. Replaced in 10 days, no charge. Had a 1.5-6x26 with sub-spec elevation that I bottomed out- same deal. These experiences were over a 12 year period, and the first was absolutely my fault, so not part of a "flurry" of bad products by ant means

Leupold changed their glass-supplier 8-10 years ago, and (IMO) now you pay more for the name than any appreciable quality difference.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, I still don't know what I want on this, but ran across this one, and it was cheap enough that I bought it so I can shoot it until I figure out what I want. This will also determine for me whether I want a 4.5x14 or stay with a 6x20 power variable scope.

http://www.natchezss.com/Optics.cfm?contentID=productDetail&brand=MI&prodID=MIBK30737&prodTitle=Millett%20Buck%20Gold%206-25x56%20Side%20Focus%2030mm%20Tube%20Duplex%20Reticle

I am not sure that the 6 power will be low enough for anything too close, but will play with it for a while to see how I like it. I have another Millett scope and like it, and the price was right on this one.

If it comes in this week, I am going to try and shoot it this weekend, so maybe a range report later. If I don't like it, look for it in the Classifieds.........

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those are pretty nice. It's a real bargain at that price. I bet you'll end up keeping it. That's a good power range for small game / varmints, even close in like you mentioned.

Latest posts

Top Bottom