Business model question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not debating upon the efficacy of such a proposition, but I do know that for some people having a door to knock on when you have a gripe gives them a certain peace of mind that they wouldn't have otherwise. This tendency tends to become stronger when the stakes are higher and/or there is more money being shelled out for such services. With that being said, I'd definitely prefer to know where you office is at.

djcorrell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$0.02 of advice. While I completely understand the overhead mindset, most of the larger firms started small. If you like to travel, farm out your "at your location" services. There are firms that would pay a premium for this, as long as the legal side was competent. As a single lawyer firm grows, from one to more people, the extra people are there to save the attorney time, that saves the client money. While you don't want to start with a million dollar building and whatever overhead, that comes over time. However, there are some firms that spend more time and money trying to impress people than practicing law. Most don't!

If your main clientele and area of practice will be criminal law, then I would make really good friends with the local bail bonds companies, law enforcement officers and the DA. Most of those clients will be met under "supervised" conditions, or public place are fine too.

If this was worth reading don't send a check for $0.02, donate to the OSA gift card drive.

The idea of an UBER attorney is awesome. Most have assistants run errands.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a mobile lawyer service. When it comes the time I need a lawyer or doctor, they should be successful enough to have their own established office. If they can't afford rent, they obviously aren't that successful. Just like if they drove up in a Datsun or wore a thrift store suit. Running a law firm from a cell phone and a minivan isn't the level of professionalism I'm looking for.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wouldn't use a mobile lawyer service. When it comes the time I need a lawyer or doctor, they should be successful enough to have their own established office. If they can't afford rent, they obviously aren't that successful. Just like if they drove up in a Datsun or wore a thrift store suit. Running a law firm from a cell phone and a minivan isn't the level of professionalism I'm looking for.

Yeah, I prolly wouldn't be your kind. lol That's cool, it takes all kinds.

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I prolly wouldn't be your kind. lol That's cool, it takes all kinds.

Me either. Someone that equates "professionalism" with superfluous things that make me charge them more money for the same level of service is a little too "stuffy" for my tastes. We probably wouldn't get along well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you charge, if you can't attract paying clients.

It's cool that you have your opinion. The whole reason I started the thread, after all, was to survey opinions and solicit advice. You still haven't explained why you'd be reluctant to use such a lawyer, which is of course your prerogative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Read a few of the "Lincoln Lawyer" series by Michael Connelly. May give you some ideas of pros and cons. But the mobile OB-GYN idea does have some merit. Maybe a mobile breast exam service, free on Friday nights.....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having an office isn't superfluous, it's smart and it works. There needs to be a point of reference for any sort of marketing, outside of someone's Honda, it's a better meeting place than public places in most cases, and you'll be significantly more organized, all things being equal.

Personally, I go after the little fish with intentions of catching a big one. You're not going to do that out of your car on a regular basis. It does seem that being mobile would cater towards the criminal side and if that's your goal, more power to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom