Buying "off the Rack" is not so Bad (m1 Carbine and Garand Goodness inside!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm...I should join the CMP and a few of us should carpool!

That is seriously awesome.

Heck yeah be pretty sweet, You can be the driver of the car thats takes everyones screaming kids!I LOL just kidding.
JP of course will reserve himself to be driving the car with everyones wives..LOL
Ill take a Seat wherever I can nap the entire drive.

Yes the Wives got to go to buy the ammo. After owning garands for the past 5 years the 2K a limit a year is not much ammo unless your a reloader.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very cool! I have an Inland that is not quite shooting 100%. Jamming, etc. I better pull it from it's lonely cave and give it a little TLC.

Cool deal on the Big Blue carbine. I worked for them for a little while (gag) but would love to have on of their M1s.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heck yeah be pretty sweet, You can be the driver of the car thats takes everyones screaming kids!I LOL just kidding.
JP of course will reserve himself to be driving the car with everyones wives..LOL
Ill take a Seat wherever I can nap the entire drive.

Yes the Wives got to go to buy the ammo. After owning garands for the past 5 years the 2K a limit a year is not much ammo unless your a reloader.

CMP South, its where I got all four of mine. 2 M1 Carbines, both Inlands, both made in 43. 1 M1 Garand SA made in 44. 1903A3SC made in 43, with 43 barrel. I just wish they would sell 1911A1's!!! OH Yeah, I've laid on plenty of ammo from them to keep me shooting for a long time!!

davecaris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice! Can't wait to get my M1, Good quality rack grade is hard to come by, I went for field grade, maybe I'll get lucky too! I new I should have ordered a carbine too.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it was a heck of a day drove 14 hours slept for 4 hours got up at 7am and got ready, and gauged EVERY single rifle in the store..It took me 4 hours to do that..It was pretty darn fun..I know in the past you said you wanted a Garand, I would definatly make the trip or do the mail order thing if you cant make it down there.

But by handpicking I got rifles that are virtually collector grade rifles as they are matching and original to the gun and like new condition (except for the exces wear from handling) making them service grade.

I am wanting to go back in a year or so and do it all over again.

So I can just take off in my car with some cash and the required documentation and bring home an M1 garand & carbine?!!

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We did the same trip about a month ago, I had no idea of what to look for never had,held or new much about a grand. Just new my kid wanted me to get one & the wife said go ahead. Off we went, The older fella helped me find one in about 10 min barrel gaged at 1.5 & was 53 receiver & barrel. He also said it was a US original stock, can't remember if it matched or not. Their special grade NEW were sweet as well at a $1000, one had a nice tiger striped stock. picked up some greek ammo for it as well. Son has already gone through a case:selfangel

Latest posts

Top Bottom