Bye Bye, Urinals

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well,
I can say good riddance as well. When I was a Damage Controlman for the first 10 years of my Naval Career one of the things we had to do was unclog Urinals on the ship in the berthing compartments.

We would hook up an 1 ½” fire hose from the fire station and the wye gate to the urinal and with lots of fanfare and a lot of seawater pressure blow out the clog it would blow out the urinal hit the roof/bulkhead and deck with urine and water we would wrap up our hose and leave the coop cleaners to deal with the mess.

I can tell you this is smart on the Navy's part we would have to unclog way more urinals then we ever had to unclog commodes. Also it will require less plumbing to just install commodes saving taxpayers money as well in the short and long term run.
NC

haha coop cleaners, what memories. No wonder i hated being on a ship.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I mentioned this OP to two guys I work with, one a Marine, one ex-Navy. The Marine spoke first (smart guy!), "Not an issue, the Navy has been sitting down to pee for a long time." Yep, I laughed out loud...sorry.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about time.
A. Who enjoys cleaning urinals or toilets? If you do, I would highly recommend therapy. One less to clean.

B. It saves taxpayer money, superfluous when you have a toilet also.

C. Men used toilets long before there were urinals and it didn't cause them to spontaneously start wearing skirts.

D. You spend an hour on the toilet with the newspaper during poopy time without complaining so we know guys love toilet time.

E. Maybe if the guys have to use the toilet for all their business they won't pee all over the seat (wait...they still pee on the seat at home so that's a moot point)

F. Let's be totally honest here, you guys sit to pee when nobody is watching. Nobody believes you fell asleep reading that magazine while standing to tinkle and since nobody had to call for hazmat we know you weren't making stinkies lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom