CA court bans US Flag on Cinco de Mayo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So pointing a firearm at a Mexican is the same as displaying our flag in the presence of a Mexican?

That is just stupid.

I have no use for politicians, but I do love this country and I do have the greatest respect for those who have served and even died to protect what flag represents and I'll be Goddamned if I'll hide that flag to protect the sensitivities of a bunch of Mexican thugs, most of whom are probably here illegally.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So pointing a firearm at a Mexican is the same as displaying our flag in the presence of a Mexican?

That is just stupid.

I have no use for politicians, but I do love this country and I do have the greatest respect for those who have served and even died to protect what flag represents and I'll be Goddamned if I'll hide that flag to protect the sensitivities of a bunch of Mexican thugs, most of whom are probably here illegally.

i.imgur.com_cwRNhmJ.gif

pritch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a school rule that the school made. Schools are allowed to make rules. The first amendment does not apply in this case.

The court did not ban the U.S. flag.

Who's really being disingenuous?

If a law was passed restricting the wearing of flag shirts, you would have a point worth discussing. But right now it's a bunch of grown men whining about a school dress rule (not a legal ban, as is being implied) that applies to a bunch of pimply adolescents that spend probably spend their days jerking off in their mom's powder room and trying to score 30s at the local gas station.

You an disagree with the school ban, call the admins idiots, try to get them fired or the rule change, pull your kids out of the school - any number or things. But to think that this story, as it is being sold by the right-wing news outlets, is anything more than kerosene on the xenophobia fire the GOP has been keeping stoked for years - well, that's just silly.

One of these days you'll actually bring an argument.

By allowing "patriotic" speech by Mexican students, the school conceded that the campus was a forum for student speech. The Supreme Court has made it clear that content-based discrimination (like banning ONLY US flag shirts), is not an appropriate limitation on speech under the First Amendment.

Last edited:

Infowar Rebel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That is just stupid.

Double amen!!!

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Info War! Is that you, boy?! You gonna go ahed an turn yore shirt inside out so you don't show the Flag? Or you gonna go aginst the flow, an lettum all know...

Latest posts

Top Bottom