Calamity Arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you will be spending a good chunk of change to get a decent cerakote just to go a shade or two darker. Only you can decide if the investment is worth it. I've made regrettable choices in your position before just because and it wasn't the end of the world. I think if you wanted to darken up the gun a bit you look at some sort of bead blasting or something to take the shiny off the slide or black it out. My experience has been that cerakoting over shiny finished doesn't hold up to holster wear though.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a graphite grey or a matt black would look fantastic on the frame. The guy I would use if I wanted something cerakoted just moved to Colorado so I really dont know who you could go to. I do my own stuff and do just about everything I have. Im to the point that if its not a rare or historic type of firearm, Im going to make it exactly the way I want it.

Shanerbanner10

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He does quality work. He has just moved his shop and started a farm up. He stays very very busy with his day job and the gunsmithing stuff is more or less a side job. His cerakote work is solid, he has a very nice oven and paint booth (more like an automotive booth). I've used his lathe and its got less than .0001 runout. Deal with confidence.

operator742

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think so. It's my Ruger SR1911 LW Commander. I am thinking of doing the frame in a darker gray or a graphite maybe. Not sure, any ideas or thoughts will be appreciated. Here's some pics; I wish they had done a darker finish on either the frame or slide from the factory. As you can see, the frame is just a little darker than the slide, I think it would look better if it were darker, like more of a contrast.
6d5fe306ab93decca14d9e899657692e.jpg
9d47829d4c39bb3905be7bb0aa4ab42f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a great looking 1911, I would leave it alone.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but I agree with Steel and Operator on this!! Sweet pistol!!
Of coarse that is not your only pistol I have drooled over LOL!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom