Camo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crag83

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never tried to camo myself besides being in the military. Do you all think that the military bdu will be sufficient camo in the woods? Also, my rifle is black, does this matter much?

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will probably be fine. Your rifle will just look like a black and brown stick to a deer.

You will have a hundred different posts about wearing camo. Some seem to shoot monsters and just wear jeans and a neutral (sp) flannel and others will have all the latest camo, deer piss and cover scents and kill big deer too. Seems to be more of a personal choice than anything. Because of where I hunt I believe that I need to have good camo to help me blend in better. I also use all the scents and attractants. I just want to give myself the best advantage I can afford.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just don't make any sudden movements and pay attention to the wind. If you do these 2 things right, you can probably shoot 90% of the coyotes you encounter.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Army camo should be fine n dandy. Make sure to sit where your outline is broken up.

Broken outline makes more difference than anything in my experience.
Varmints are usually hunted at ground level, and they have great vision.
Your military camo is good to go. Try to back up to a tree, or farm equipment, clump of grass, etc.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
IMO, camo is the most overrated of all aspects of hunting seeing as how for at least 5000 years (as far back as we can trace recorded history) hunters did just fine with no camo.

Plus, lots of states don't allow any camo during deer season, not even "camo" hunter orange. And they have tremendous deer harvests.

That said, any camo is fine since game animals are color blind. You're just looking for something to break up your pattern. Already noted, you don't want to make any sudden movements.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, camo is the most overrated of all aspects of hunting seeing as how for at least 5000 years (as far back as we can trace recorded history) hunters did just fine with no camo.

Plus, lots of states don't allow any camo during deer season, not even "camo" hunter orange. And they have tremendous deer harvests.

That said, any camo is fine since game animals are color blind. You're just looking for something to break up your pattern. Already noted, you don't want to make any sudden movements.

What states are you refering to?

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few months back, the magazine Predator Xtreme did an article on new research concerning coyote's vision. I believe it was a two part article, you might can find it on the internet. It showed pictures of the way different camo patterns "look" through a coyote's eyes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom