Can I sell my hand loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 500 Montana Gold 180gr JHP hand loads that I loaded up last year when I had a .40
No longer have the .40, can I sell these or do I need a manufacturers license?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/manufacturers.html

Q: Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit. No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) (i) and 923(a), 27 CFR 478.41]

The liability would keep me from doing it.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would the OP be liable. I dont see the liability if OP is not misleading. I would hesitate to sell them if i didnt need them just dont advertise them as commercial. Just say what you got and if someone feels like they want them. No Problem.

WillR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would the OP be liable. I dont see the liability if OP is not misleading. I would hesitate to sell them if i didnt need them just dont advertise them as commercial. Just say what you got and if someone feels like they want them. No Problem.

The OP might have double charged one. And blows up someone's $3500 custom 2011. And their hand. This might lead to a lawsuit. Not saying anything bad about the op, just hand loads are the ones that go KB 99% of the time.

On the other hand it's probably going to be a nonissue.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if you know for a fact you loaded them correctly, then I wouldn't worry as much about it. but why sell? surely at some point in your life you will own a .40 again.

far as being legal, they are yours and you can do what you want. If you feel good about the load, then list it with the ammo and sell them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom