Can I sell my hand loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
for rounds where it's all but impossible to double charge without power spilling out of case.
no problems selling as private. but not so with pistol rounds where it's possible to double charge.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Pull the bullets and sell separately.
A good rule to live by at the range is, don't use other peoples reloads. If not a kaboom, it could be a squib and that can be just as bad if you follow it up with a second shot. I wouldn't take the chance of shooting anyone else's loads.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concerning the liability issue if you furnish your reloads to others, my NRA insurance specifically will NOT cover me for that.
All students must use commercially loaded ammunition, and if it is faulty, they can deal with the company.
It is firmly established in precedent that you CAN be successfully sued for faulty ammo, and good luck with the jury.

Personally, there are only a very few people I would risk using their reloads, and it would have to be an emergency situation then.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I sold them off as components, someone got a nice deal.
While I've loaded over 20K pistol rounds without a failure, nothing is EVER 100%. Factory ammo blows up guns all the time.
I'm out of the high pressure pistol biz. 9mm and .45 does all I ask of it. I know there are plenty of .40/10mm, .357 sig, .45 GAP lovers out there which is great. I wanted to downsize my ammo stables.
Thanks again!

Latest posts

Top Bottom