Can I stop wearing a mask after getting a COVID-19 vaccine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The....vaccine...alters your DNA.....

I'll pass and go with the 99.97 % survival rate....from the China flu....

In the mean time wear a mask, till they tell you to wear an old boot on your head and jump every third step to keep the flu away....and vote democrat....Hear.

It's coming....just comply

It's an mRNA vaccine, it doesn't alter anything like you're suggesting.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's an mRNA vaccine, it doesn't alter anything like you're suggesting.

The earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, Bill Gates will track you if you get the vaccine, vaccines cause autism....

No point in trying to change the mind of anti vaxxors. They didn't get there using logic and reason, so can't be swayed by either to leave said position. They'd rather following the ramblings of a discreddited idiot Andrew Wakefield, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136032/ https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02989-9

I assume you are responding to someones anti vaccine ramblings or fallacies. I ignore said people :D

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The earth is flat, the moon landing was fake, Bill Gates will track you if you get the vaccine, vaccines cause autism....

No point in trying to change the mind of anti vaxxors. They didn't get there using logic and reason, so can't be swayed by either to leave said position. They'd rather following the ramblings of a discreddited idiot Andrew Wakefield, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3136032/ https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02989-9

I assume you are responding to someones anti vaccine ramblings or fallacies. I ignore said people :D

How about I reply to who ever I want, whenever I want..................and I know lot's of vaxxors who don't want to take this one, up to them, their choice.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm positive I had COVID a year ago ... Before it was officially here. But I feel crappy enough now I don't wanna feel crappier so I might step up and be a guinea pig for you guys. My banged up lung is still giving me trouble -- coughing KILLS my back. I don't need some nasty-ass virus to dig in ...

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dunno. I'm positive I had COVID a year ago ... Before it was officially here. But I feel crappy enough now I don't wanna feel crappier so I might step up and be a guinea pig for you guys. My banged up lung is still giving me trouble -- coughing KILLS my back. I don't need some nasty-ass virus to dig in ...

Lots of people think that. I've had a number of folks who have thought so - we have lots of illnesses every year we test people for flu and RSV and they're negative and there's not a specific answer to what bug or virus hit them. But I can say I've tested for antibodies on probably dozens who have been utterly convinced they had COVID before COVID was cool - and not a single one of them came back positive. Of course, the counter to that is saying their antibodies waned, but I think it unlikely that happened in every. single. case.

Personally, no, I don't believe there was any significant amount of COVID in the U.S. prior to early February (certainly not here in OK) - this is based on all the recorded data I have seen, as well as reports of exhumed bodies that were examined retrospectively knowing now what we know about COVID.

I realize that isn't going to change anyone's mind - but it really doesn't change anything anyways. I don't argue with people about it.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
According to The Covid expert I listen to, no one knows an answer for any Covid question.

Yes, you can stop wearing your mask right now and be rest assured that you didn’t aid in the effort to slow the spread.

I’m wearing mine and I’m hoping their is enough vaccine left by the time they reach those of us doing our part to be a decent person.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, no, I don't believe there was any significant amount of COVID in the U.S. prior to early February (certainly not here in OK) - this is based on all the recorded data I have seen, as well as reports of exhumed bodies that were examined retrospectively knowing now what we know about COVID.

I don't know....
My wife was hospitalized in mid December for pneumonia like symptoms. They could not figure out what was causing it. The Dr's told her that they had recently seen a a small number of cases similar. All they could do is monitor her low oxygen levels put her on O2 and treat the symptoms. recent to that she had spent a good portion of a day in the car with her friend who had been getting over flu like symptoms and travels internationally often. I'm convinced she had it then.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not an uncommon scenario with ANY viral pneumonia - which we've dealt with the same way for many years. COVID is a viral illness that CAN cause a viral pneumonia. It's just a more severe thing for some, it's not anything new or revolutionary.

Latest posts

Top Bottom