Carhop arrested for stabbing customer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, I saw someone point out that she was also arrested for an outstanding warrant for manufacturing meth. My question is, if the DOC helped TPD track her down by her ankle bracelet, then why the hell did they not track her down for the warrant she obviously had prior to stabbing the guy? I guess they have better things to do then worry about people who manufacture meth while on probation.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I saw someone point out that she was also arrested for an outstanding warrant for manufacturing meth. My question is, if the DOC helped TPD track her down by her ankle bracelet, then why the hell did they not track her down for the warrant she obviously had prior to stabbing the guy? I guess they have better things to do then worry about people who manufacture meth while on probation.

Probably just because the DOC doesn't, for one reason or another, monitor everyone for warrants. Believe it or not, there is no omnipotent command system that immediately notifies "The Man" as soon as someone has a warrant entered. The only central system that I know of for non-LEO entities, and even it isn't 100% reliable, is OSCN and ODCR...but those are passive systems and someone has to actually check for warrants in it. So if the entity that issued the warrant isn't proactively beating the street, a warrant can fly under the radar. Unless someone outside that entity, like DOC or a private probation office, takes the time or is directed to check all of their people for warrants nothing happens.

I've seen people on probation in one county with active warrants in other counties. I've even seen people on pre-trial release in one county with warrants in another.

When I did some work for a probation office after retiring for the military, I would sit at the desk and look up everyone I made contact with in OSCN and ODCR. Sometimes I'd get lucky and find a warrant. The hard part was getting someone to come arrest them. Sometimes the county/city that issued the warrant had a proactive warrant officer and they'd drive to wherever I was and pick them up. Sometimes the courthouse would send a deputy over, but they didn't always have the manpower. Other times I'd get a "thanks for the call" and nothing would happen.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably just because the DOC doesn't, for one reason or another, monitor everyone for warrants. Believe it or not, there is no omnipotent command system that immediately notifies "The Man" as soon as someone has a warrant entered. The only central system that I know of for non-LEO entities, and even it isn't 100% reliable, is OSCN and ODCR...but those are passive systems and someone has to actually check for warrants in it. So if the entity that issued the warrant isn't proactively beating the street, a warrant can fly under the radar. Unless someone outside that entity, like DOC or a private probation office, takes the time or is directed to check all of their people for warrants nothing happens.

Aren't there also municipal warrants that do not show on OSCN and ODCR, since those are county systems? Or am I off base with that thinking?

I.e. what you can find here:

http://www.tulsapolice.org/warrants/default.asp

Latest posts

Top Bottom