Carry gun preference.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carry gun preference

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only because you said, "since I like opinions,"

I've never understood the whole "carry rotation" thing,,,
The last thing I want if I ever have to pull my gun is to have to think about (remember) how it operates.

I practice drawing at my range,,,
Not for speed but to print the muscle memory of my guns controls.

Now I will admit I carried many various handguns when I first got my permit,,,
But I eventually settled on the choice of a DA/SA semi auto,,,
I carry with the hammer down, chamber loaded,,,
And the safety in the off position.

Basically,,,
Draw, point, and click.

I suppose I could carry any of my snub-nose revolvers as well,,,
The actions I must perform to shoot are exactly the same,,,
Draw the gun, find the trigger, pull the trigger.

Aarond

FreeSpiritBalloon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NAA 22 lr revolver in a pocket holster since I am doing yard work. Anywhere else it's a Kahr CM9 in a CB mini tuck. Except when I worked at Tinker AFB. Came to my senses and looking for a carry friendly IT department now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm a creature of habit. I carry the same gun every time and put a lot of rounds through it.
I want to know my controls under pressure, and not be fumbling around trying to find a safety when it doesn't exist. I want to know when that trigger is about to break, and the sight picture that's the same every time.

I agree 100%! If, and hope to god it never happens, I have to pull my weapon I know will be a high-stress situation. I want to be able to operator more or less on instinct. I have a Sig SP2022 that I have put so many round through it's like an extension of my arm. Every time we go the lake place I will shoot at least 100 rounds. I have five 15 round mags. When practicing I will do things like put a random amount of ammo in them so I'm never sure of the round count. Every time I pull the trigger I'm ready to perform an action. The 1911, and other toys, are for the range and looking at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom