Carrying as a passenger during a tragic stop ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea , I guess what I'm sayin is when would be the right time?

Anyone I'm riding with would be OK with it, so hand it to the driver when the stop is initated, or interrupt the Officer ....HRRRMMM Officer I've got a gun Wanna........see where this could lead?

Or fumbling around to get my ID's out and the Officer goes on alert at a moving around passenger.

But what if the person your riding with ,,,doesnt know, when you go to hand him your ID's, there like ...what you doing that for...again giving the O cause for concern....fumbling around occupants

To avoid the fumbling around and the moving of the people in the car, simply notify the officer...that is all that is required by law. If the officer then wants to see your permit, they will ask for it.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was taking the SDA class it was basically said that you must inform the officer at the first opportunity. Generally this would be either at a point in time when the officer speaks to the person whom is a passenger in the vehicle or when there is a long enough break in the conversation to say, "Officer I am legally bound to inform you that I am a carry license holder and I have my weapon on me." It does say in the law something about the first opportunity not on first contact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom