Appendix carry pros/cons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never been an "open carry kinda fella." (I don't mind those that do one bit) Not for some of the reasons you sometimes hear. Like, "I don't want to advertise that I have a weapon." Or, "I want someone to see it as a deterrent." etc.... I just don't have any training on firearm retention. However, I've got a lil P365 that I usually carry in a Blacksmith tactical AIWB holster. What are the pro's and cons that you all see with this method of carry vs others? As always thanks in advance!

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For me, it tends to jab into my thigh when sitting unless I adjust it. I carry a Dagger (Glock 19 clone) so it’s got 1.5” extra length over your P365. Otherwise I don’t have any issues appendix carrying. I tried to carry on my side but it wasn’t comfortable and I don’t understand the back carrying method. Side and appendix are more natural to draw from but appendix conceals easier for me.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought appendix carry would be very uncomfortable until I tried it a few years ago, and now, it’s about the only way I carry. My guns are either an airweight J frame Smith or a Glock 30s, and my holsters are cheap thin kydex.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AIWB only for me (unless I am in a suit and then it's a Seecamp 380 in pocket) with a G43X and 16rnds of 50g 9mm in a trigger guard kydex clip. SUPER light and can't feel it's there.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pro: If your gun goes off in the holster, (especially while in the sitting position) your probably not going to live long enough to have to explain what happened.

Con: If your gun goes off in the holster, (especially while in the sitting position) your probably not going to live long enough to have a (way back when) story to tell.

You will never convince me apendex carry is a good idea. It is wrong in all ways.
Someone once said "Dont point a gun at something you dont intend to shoot."!

But, hey, feel free to decide for yourself!

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not appendix carry, but I love my SmartCarry. Yeah, I was worried at first about shooting my groin area, but after awhile it feels natural. It's also a great way to carry cash, and my license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom