cast lead for 7.62 bullets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redriverboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent seen much on it. It would be fired through a saiga with a 20" barrel not sure of the twist rate but if gas checked would it be a)reliable b) safe for the gun and c)cost eficient compared to jacketed lead
im still fairly new to reloading so dont be to harsh lol

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gas-operated guns are one area where I'm not too keen on running lead bullets. Years back my dad loaded up a whole mess of cast bullets for an SKS I had at the time. I wasn't real keen on it but my dad hears what he wants to hear. The piston assembly got so leaded up I had to use a propane torch to disassemble the rifle. Hopefully others will chime in here that have had better luck with lead in gas guns.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would think if they are gas checked they would bo ok but thats just me. I do run gas cked in my cheap universal m1 carbine

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of lead rifle bullets for sale on the internet. I'm assuming they are gas checked. I'm also assuming the brinnell hardness is much higher than the common pistol bullets that are used for medium velocity pistol rounds without gas checks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom