Catfishing experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bull, that is what I use at Sooner lake. put a 2 oz weight on bottom, and put a shiner or cut shad about 2' above the weight so it can float. Its in water with current too.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the garlic dogs, I'm definately gonna try it. I went wading the north canadian today and caught some nice ones. I was shocked to catch some flatheads on cut shad. Biggest was about 10 lbs. I'll post pics as soon as i can figure out how to downsize them. There was a post on her about resizing pics but i cant find it. If anybody comes across it, plz link it to me, Thanks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on the garlic dogs, I'm definately gonna try it. I went wading the north canadian today and caught some nice ones. I was shocked to catch some flatheads on cut shad. Biggest was about 10 lbs. I'll post pics as soon as i can figure out how to downsize them. There was a post on her about resizing pics but i cant find it. If anybody comes across it, plz link it to me, Thanks!

Log on and register with photobucket.com.
Check back with us when you do, and we will guide you thru the process of getting a pic on the forum. Its really easy!

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend you also throw chicken livers into the mix. Chicken livers catch cats like crazy when I am fishing random ponds and lakes. I haven't tried the chicken livers in rivers yet.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I use live bait I use goldfish when it comes to non-live bait I use beef liver with garlic and salt smothered in fish oil and then I put pantyhose over the bait when its on the hook.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As you can tell Deer Slayer, I didn't get out this weekend to run my line. Weekend pretty much did a 180, so the only time I got to fish was Sunday night. Fished from about 8 pm to 4 am. Had 4 blues and 3 channels, biggest was about 4 lbs. Caught them all on either live perch or smashed shiner. Had some 6" bullheads on most of my lines, just waitin on that big ol flathead, but never happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom