CCW Challenge 18 Nov

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This part of the forum seems to be underutilized so I thought I would post a challenge for all that actually read this section.
At the top of this section olyeller has posted a link to some handgun drills. I think that we could pick one of the drills a week to perform. The only rules are that you must do the drill in the same gear that you actually carry with. So I will start off this challenge with a drill that I found on another forum.

the drill
Target: USPSA or IDPA
From concealment draw and fire 1 shot and reload then fire 2 only clean runs count (A zone on USPA target or -0 on IDPA)
I did this today with the following equipment
Glock 17 & S&W M&P 9c
Milt Sparks Versa max 2
Comp Tac double mag holder
Heavy sweatshirt for concealment

Best times
Glock 17- 6.07
M&P 9c - 6.24

Things I found though this test
On the M&P I need a full size mag for a reload, a couple of times after a reload I pulled the trigger only to get a click! I didn't seat the mag!
At least I got some experience on the Tap, Rack, Bang drill.:blush:
I would also like to find a mag pouch that fits closer to the body for concealment.
Anyone else up for a challenge?

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start position: concealed closed front, from AIWB Keepers Kydex holster
Type of reload: slidelock, Glock Gen4 G34
Starting PAR: 3.7 seconds
Best PAR (all hits): 3.3
# of rounds fired total: 80ish,

Ive SO got to start doing my dry fire training agin!!!!! This drill drove me NUTS!!!!! and I basically gave up on the 6'' circle as I was using a 8'' circle target and thought I could make my self keep a tight group in the center of the 8'' circle, yea not so much.... So I backed up to about 9yds and ran the drill from there. had a few good runs at 3.3 and then the wheels fell off and I had to quit and run some very slow deliberate drill to get the mechanics down.

It did help though I ran a few other drill and then ran some FAST's (3) 4.75-1 body, 4.51 clean and 4.07-1 head (DANGIT!!)
Ill be starting my Dry fire agin soon.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dry firing has help me out immensely.
Everyday that I don't do rangework I dryfire,and I am going to start dryfiring even on range days.

prdator, do you have any dryfire drills that you use in particular?

Latest posts

Top Bottom