I just ordered a new Glock 45 from GB.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

burroughs85

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
It's actually a 9 mm. Compact version of G19 pistol. 3 mags and 17 round capacity. I also placed a GB auction bid for a new Smith & Wesson Governor. The Gov fires .410, .45 ACP with moon clips and .45 Colt in case cougar or black bear are ran into in the boonies. I will also be parting with my NIB unfired Smith & Wesson 686 PLUS .357 because it has a target rear sight that snags on the nylon webbing of my large fanny pack. The matte-silver-finish Gov has no protruding rear sight and will just fit in the pack's holster snug as a bug in a rug. My other handgun is a 2-year old Smith Airweight 642-2 5-shot small matte-silver revolver in .38 Special + P. I will eventually have three handguns that are all large-fanny-packable.

It's nice to have a number of defensive handguns in case one breaks, one is destroyed, one is stolen, the police confiscate one for evidence as in a law-abiding defensive situation or one has to go into the gunsmith for work. I will also have handguns tactically placed in my home for security. One in the kitchen cupboard over the stove, one in the bathroom medicine chest and one kept in my fanny pack for concealed carry out of the house. I would probably put the clunky Governor in the medicine chest should I win the bid. The 686 is there already. The hi-cap Glock should be my regular carry gun in case of the unlikely run-in with a mass shooter at Wally-World. I might tuck the handy little Smith Airweight in the cupboard above my stove. A number of handguns in your battery gives you some extras to back up your primary gun.

I have my Remington 870 Express police pump gun hanging on my bedroom wall. This is my primary home defense firearm. The fanny pack with the carry pistol in it just hangs on the bedroom closet door.

Please chime in with your defensive handgun battery and how you situate them if you like.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The G45 is not a compact version of the G19. It has a G19 slide with a longer G17 grip.

Perhaps you are speaking of the G48 which is a slimline pistol with the same height and length as the G19.

Either way, you shouldn't carry a Glock in a fanny pack unless it is in a holster with the trigger area completely covered.

Enjoy your new gun!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
The G45 is not a compact version of the G19. It has a G19 slide with a longer G17 grip.

Perhaps you are speaking of the G48 which is a slimline pistol with the same height and length as the G19.

Either way, you shouldn't carry a Glock in a fanny pack unless it is in a holster with the trigger area completely covered.

Enjoy your new gun!

I’m getting some “Along Came Jones” vibes…

burroughs85

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score

Enjoy your new gun!
According to Glock, this model is "The compact crossover pistol G45 in 9x19mm combines a compact slide with a full size frame and has all the benefits of a Gen5 model."

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g45
The overall length is 7.44". I wanted a shorter overall gun that is hand-filling. I think the number "45" on a 9mm is also cool. There has been the "45 vs 9" debate for years.

burroughs85

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
Look at the sig
real men don't allow wives to drive Pintos

Anytime a man allows his wife and kids to drive around in some totally-unsafe jalopy like the rear-end-crash-and-burn Ford Pinto in that film while he drives the fancy Jaguar sports car, it totally gets my Irish up. Having women and children stuck in an unreliable automobile deserves a public horse whipping. If you love your family, have them ride in safe and reliable Toyota products. That Pinto is a good prop in that horror film indeed. That clunker scares me a lot more than a rabid St. Bernard. Local rabid dogs beware. I lawfully conceal carry in Oklahoma.

burroughs85

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
According to Glock, this model is "The compact crossover pistol G45 in 9x19mm combines a compact slide with a full size frame and has all the benefits of a Gen5 model."

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g45
The overall length is 7.44". I wanted a shorter overall gun that is hand-filling. I think the number "45" on a 9mm is also cool. There has been the "45 vs 9" debate for years.
The fanny pack I use has a holster built in for secure carry.

burroughs85

Marksman
Banned
Reaction score
Is this real life? Paying GBs fees and percentages? Fanny packs? Informing the nation of which guns you own and where they generally are? GTFO of here? Seriously? Smells like the underside of a bridge in here.
The LGS's around here charge full retail for new guns if they even have in stock what I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom