CCW Holster Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used Crossbreed and Looper and can say with a straight face, if you haven't tried Foxx..you're doing yourself a disservice. I expect them to raise the prices on their holsters before long - the quality of them is comparable to other holsters, but they are far more inexpensive.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
brother, holsters and mode of carry are very personal things. what works for one may not work for you. some like hybrid, some like all kydex, and others still like leather. some carry in the pocket, some on the belt others in the waist at all positions. i would suggest you find some people that carry and have multiple carry options and see if you can try out something that works for them to see how you like it.

If your anything like me you will search and search and then finally find something that works for you. For me i pocket carry my smaller guns (j-frame) and iwb hybrid my larger guns. pocket carry is by far the most comfortable for me. buti have been recently really liking hybrid type holsters for my kahr k-9 and smith and wesson sheild 9. ive tried the harwell holsters from stillwater ok on two guns and find that the clips slid and come off my belt causing the gun to shift around and to be uncomfortable. i am currently using a crossbreed with no problems.

so in short try diffrent things until you find what works for you.

chr_edw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK so first off I'm bias since I make and sell holsters.

That being said get one of mine :naughty: to be specific one of the slide or falcon models that you can convert from OWB to IWB. OWB for most will always be the most comfortable and easy to access. A properly designed concealed carry holster will keep the gun against the body making it easy to conceal. I have talked to a lot of customers that think the only way they can conceal under a t-shirt is to have an IWB holster. Not true in most cases with the right holster.

For belts there are tons of good ones these days. I personally wear a looper leather belt. I also own an uncle mikes reinforced instructor belt which can be found for around $30 online. Many will also recommend Wilderness tactical which are also very nice and still affordable.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
h0989AD58

Latest posts

Top Bottom