Center Point Tactical scope at Wal-Mart

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentSP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Optics always seem to be "you get what you pay for". I own a Bushnell Elite 3200 10x40, Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 and Nikon Pro Staff BDC 3-9x50. Was wondering if any of you have checked out the $69 CenterPoint 4-12x40 tactical scope that Wal-Mart has. I imagine its junk but was just curious.......it looks nice.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nope havent used it I did find a Tasco (Varmint Tatical) at Academy 6x24x42MM for 80.00 and its not a bad scope for the money. If you would like to come and check it be my guest i live in moore. I'm saving up for this Bushnell that has my name written all over it

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This past weekend i managed to put multiple rounds of .308 almost dead center of the target. Every round touched one another in the bulls eye area plus it was only 79.99 reg 119.99

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That scope's got a lot of goodies on it for the price.

1/4 MOA target knobs with lock
Mil-Dot reticule (with, quite frankly, more room in the reticule than several better manufacturers' scopes)
Side adjustable focus
Illuminated reticule (I've heard others had better luck than I did).
Comes with flip-up covers that are better than several other scope-makers out there - I actually didn't have to upgrade to the Butler Creeks on this one.

I've got one for my son's 10/22 (it was on my Remington 700 before I upgraded scopes). Granted, I won't use the target knobs once I get them zeroed in (to be fair, I've not tested them out to see if they are true/repeatable).

The first time I put it on my Remington (only a .308), the illumination went out on the reticule.

It did what it needed to do until I could afford to upgrade (I was embarassed that my base cost more than 2x what the scope did - hell the rings were more expensive than the scope).

Glass isn't nearly as clear as my Falcon Optics, or a decent grade Leupold, or Burris. Honestly though, it wasn't too much worse off than the Millet TRS-1 of my friends (I wouldn't rate it as nearly as rugged as the Millet, don't get me wrong).

Relief, paralax, and FOV are pretty typical of a sub-$100 scope, so don't think you're getting anything more than you are.

Honestly, I wouldn't put one on a caliber greater than .22lr, and I wouldn't abuse it at all. I wouldn't trust the knobs to be true, but mine held Zero for the most part as long as I didn't adjust them in the middle of a shooting session (I still checked and adjusted as necessary at the beginning of each range trip).

Get a Super-Sniper from SWFA, or upgrade to a Meuller or Millet if you need to stay that cheap and are looking for all of those features. Look for used scopes on ARFCOM or Snipers Hide (I've got a Falcon Optics Menace and love it for the price).

BrentSP

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That scope's got a lot of goodies on it for the price.

1/4 MOA target knobs with lock
Mil-Dot reticule (with, quite frankly, more room in the reticule than several better manufacturers' scopes)
Side adjustable focus
Illuminated reticule (I've heard others had better luck than I did).
Comes with flip-up covers that are better than several other scope-makers out there - I actually didn't have to upgrade to the Butler Creeks on this one.

I've got one for my son's 10/22 (it was on my Remington 700 before I upgraded scopes). Granted, I won't use the target knobs once I get them zeroed in (to be fair, I've not tested them out to see if they are true/repeatable).

The first time I put it on my Remington (only a .308), the illumination went out on the reticule.

It did what it needed to do until I could afford to upgrade (I was embarassed that my base cost more than 2x what the scope did - hell the rings were more expensive than the scope).

Glass isn't nearly as clear as my Falcon Optics, or a decent grade Leupold, or Burris. Honestly though, it wasn't too much worse off than the Millet TRS-1 of my friends (I wouldn't rate it as nearly as rugged as the Millet, don't get me wrong).

Relief, paralax, and FOV are pretty typical of a sub-$100 scope, so don't think you're getting anything more than you are.

Honestly, I wouldn't put one on a caliber greater than .22lr, and I wouldn't abuse it at all. I wouldn't trust the knobs to be true, but mine held Zero for the most part as long as I didn't adjust them in the middle of a shooting session (I still checked and adjusted as necessary at the beginning of each range trip).

Get a Super-Sniper from SWFA, or upgrade to a Meuller or Millet if you need to stay that cheap and are looking for all of those features. Look for used scopes on ARFCOM or Snipers Hide (I've got a Falcon Optics Menace and love it for the price).

I've been thinking of selling my Bush Elite for a Millet tac scope but was just curious about the centerpoint........I pretty much knew the answer but wanted to be sure.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking of selling my Bush Elite for a Millet tac scope but was just curious about the centerpoint........I pretty much knew the answer but wanted to be sure.

I'd almost tell you to keep your Bushnell. I've not looked through one, but I was just really unimpressed with the clarity of the Millet.

That's the one thing that the Falcon has over most scope-makers in its class - its super-clear and if you get the 56mm model, its very bright in low-light situations. Don't get me wrong, the Millet is a good scope, and its probably a lot tougher than my Falcon Menace, and its definitely lighter, but its nowhere near as clear.