Cheap NIW USGI 1911 mags

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucas, keep your eye peeled for 9mm mags please. i check often, i'd like to get 5-10 additional mags.
I've had great luck with these from Brownells. Keep your eyes peeled as they run them on sale occasionally and July 4th is soon. I got 2 of the 3 packs at quite a bit less than this but I forgot how much less. They are the same stainless mag as Dawson's except they have the black slick coating on them a but they don't have the Dawson metal base pad.

https://www.brownells.com/magazines...-9mm-magazines-prod84195.aspx?avs|Make_3=1911

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@lasher

Ray, have you received your eBay mags? Mine came today and packaging is most definitely not USGI. They are not Checkmate contract mags. The manufacturer shows as 30745 which are apparently Mason Rust contract mags that have been reported to be a rejected military contract due to the mags being out of spec. Shame on me for not looking at the photos on the description page more carefully. I will probably see if I can return the two that I have not opened. Going to see if they will seat and hand cycle rounds right now...

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like these mags have the following issues...witness holes are in the wrong location and feed lips are very oversized. Fully loaded mag will not lock into place with the slide in battery either. Rounds cycle fine by hand, but I'm sending all of them back that I'm able too.

Sorry for the trouble guys. :bah:

Last edited:

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey luke, mine came in today. they all latch up and drop freely when empty. witness holes are way off. they all fed single rounds, didn't try a full mag but will tomorrow.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hey luke, mine came in today. they all latch up and drop freely when empty. witness holes are way off. they all fed single rounds, didn't try a full mag but will tomorrow.

Seller willingly agreed to take all of them back, even the opened mag.

After doing more research, it appears that the baseplate welds have the tendency to fail as well. Some have suggested that the Mason Rust baseplates were attached to unknown magazine bodies and that the mag body, follower, and spring are substandard, as are the baseplate welds.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i loaded all of mine up with 6 rounds, they freely drop, cycled them all by hand and they function. from the front of the mag the left lip needs a bit ground off, me and my trusty dremel will do that . for the price of these mags, if they only function once, they're good for me. i have 60 other mags; DW, Wilson, Kimber, Ed Brown, Colt, different contract number surplus, Chip Macs etc. but i won't buy anymore of these LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom