China makes nuclear power break through

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They build the cheapest junk they can sell to Americans....and we love to buy our stuff from China!! It's market driven. Americans think "the cheaper the better".....who gives a crap about quality and American jobs.

However, since China leads the way in science and math, and, since they are building the reactors for themselves....I'll bet they are high quality and safe. Once China has low cost electricity, they can make even cheaper junk for the sheeple of America to buy and hoard. The American society has become increasingly complacent. It won't be long before China is the leading super power. They are buying up our mines, natural resources, prime real estate, and building their army. Oops...let me rephrase that, we are transferring our wealth to China and they are using that wealth to build their infrastructure and army. They already influence our economical policies since they own us financially.

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish I had the solution....it's certainly not an easy one...our government has manipulated the market, offered incentives to businesses and "friends" that skew the market, and rewarded incompetent failures. As I see it....it will have to fall completely apart before it ever gets better. Wind towers, corn to ethanol, and solar panels all get subsidized....but it's nothing more than blatant theft of the population. Nuclear is the only energy source that could solve our energy problems, reduce emissions, and stop the massive transfer of wealth to the middle east in the form of oil purchase. However, government would lose its control and manipulation of the markets both foreign and domestic if we started building nuclear power plants again. What it really boils down to is education. And since we have turned over education of our children to the government, children are brainwashed into believing college educations are over rated, unnecessary, and failing in cost to benefit ratio. The solution is obvious, but we the people can't decide which country to invade next, which country to send foreign aid next, or who should win American Idol. It's all theatrics, logic is out the window.

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nuclear reactors are unpopular with the public, that's the biggie.

Hell the US won't even build a small medical use reactor to ensure long term access to diagnostic and therapeutic isotopes, what makes you think we'll build larger and scarier power reactors.

I really like the standard arguments you get from people who don't like nuclear power, transporting fuel/waste is dangerous and they will be a target for terrorist attacks.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the standard arguments you get from people who don't like nuclear power, transporting fuel/waste is dangerous and they will be a target for terrorist attacks.

The only thing I don't like is when some big event happens that causes reactors to melt down and throw radiation into our air. Nuclear power is very "green" when done right from what I hear. I'm just really freaked out by the possibilty of our air and crops being poisoned if something goes wrong.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nuclear is the only energy source that could solve our energy problems, reduce emissions, and stop the massive transfer of wealth to the middle east in the form of oil purchase.

There are no nuclear reactors that you can put in your car. Comparing oil and nuclear is apples and oranges. Nuclear is used for electricity production, oil is used mostly for transportation and petrochemicals. Coal and natural gas are the competitors of nuclear.
The transfer of wealth to the middle east (or Canada and Venezuela, our main suppliers), can be stopped by producing our own oil. That is not possible because if the government opened up everything to oil production, hundreds of independents would be producing oil, ruining the big multinational corporations that are so generous in DC and control the flow and availability of oil.

The only thing I don't like is when some big event happens that causes reactors to melt down and throw radiation into our air. Nuclear power is very "green" when done right from what I hear. I'm just really freaked out by the possibilty of our air and crops being poisoned if something goes wrong.

Coal factories produce radioactivity every day, along with mercury, sulfur and quite a few more pollutants. If you don't like radioactivity, nuclear is the way.
Nuclear plants might release some when something extraordinary happens.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're making progress in nuclear areas that China is not, like aneutronic fusion. See Polywell

We have not even figured out regular fusion and you think aneutronic is a solution? Aneutronic fusion requires way higher temperatures
than regular fusion. It is interesting research and nothing more. Unless you have information that leads you to believe that a power plant
is about to get built any day now.

So what is the solution, DirtyDawg? All I see are complaints.

The solution is quite simple and obvious. We convert to natural gas for electricity (cheap and clean) and produce our own oil for transportation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom