CHP shoots/kills man(mental health breakdown and armed with a taser) - excessive force/brutality?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're supposed to make an objective decision on this incident from that video? Good luck. Of course, the anti-cop crowd doesn't care about objectivity so carry on.

(For you cop haters, carefully read what I said... I don't believe I, or anyone else for that matter, can form an objective opinion based on that video. I'm not supporting or condemning the officer or anyone else.)

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not much info to make a judgment call after the fact. In my opinion, if the officer was in danger of having his weapon taken from him or incapacitated he was justified in using lethal force. Of course the situation could have been avoided entirely if the offender had complied with the officers instructions, I have exactly 0 sympathy for anyone who runs from or fights a police officer. It used to be legal to shoot a fleeing felon in Oklahoma and it should be again.

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excessive force or not, the cop may have to sit behind a desk for a couple days, but he’ll be back to work soon.

However, if I even try to disarm a trespasser on my place, there’s a good chance I’m going to the pen. :rolleyes2

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Excessive force or not, the cop may have to sit behind a desk for a couple days, but he’ll be back to work soon.

However, if I even try to disarm a trespasser on my place, there’s a good chance I’m going to the pen. :rolleyes2
Much less confront some stranger in a public space.

I'm not judging this incident at all, but we do need to be careful what we tolerate from those we grant special rights.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1700683736578.png

What is that?

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based simply upon the short video and the article that didn't really help much at all I have to side with the Police Officer.
Tasers are meant to disable a person. If a police officer is disabled, that puts them at risk for being injured or killed.
Some my argue.....why couldn't the officer also use a taser? In this case I don't believe he had the opportunity. Based upon the video he was using his left hand to try and fend off the person, which only left his right hand, which was his pistol side. Even if cross drawing his taser is possible in non-threatening situations, in a situation like that I don't believe it was realistic, if possible.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're supposed to make an objective decision on this incident from that video? Good luck. Of course, the anti-cop crowd doesn't care about objectivity so carry on.

(For you cop haters, carefully read what I said... I don't believe I, or anyone else for that matter, can form an objective opinion based on that video. I'm not supporting or condemning the officer or anyone else.)
SAME HERE.

Not even going to comment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom