Christmas Decoration thread!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We were huge inside and outside decorators, always having a huge Christmas celebration at our house with family and friends when living in town for a few years. Our entire neighborhood got into it. Tour buses from OKC and Tulsa kind of let us know we were pretty big. Had lights on the roof with scenes, the corner privacy fence loaded, with a bass boat in the drive that had Santa with a fishing rod moving up and down in the bow of the boat.
Once we moved back to the country, we did a big display inside with little ceramic towns, trains, and so on.
Now the grand kids are older, the In Laws are in nursing homes, Sister can't travel to come home anymore, so we are doing Christmas in a nursing home one day in Tulsa, Okc with Sis and grandkids the next day in a restaurant somewhere.
Always enjoyed the hoopla of getting it all set up and the visual displays. Probably never happen again. Nothing coming out of the attic this year.

I grew up in the 90's on Parkview Ln in Ponca. Directly across the street from the Pioneer Woman. Had my fill of xmas decor lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you live in ski island? I remember going there when I was a kid. It was awesome. I heard they quit doing it though because the neighbors got sick or the traffic.
Ski Island was the attraction for years. I was always told to buy there you had to be able to decorate for Christmas. I've tried to get in there twice but didn't have the scratch.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ever wonder how the tradition of putting an angel on top of your Christmas tree got it's start? It's not as magical as you may think.

The following joke was e-mailed to me by a co-worker who got it from somebody, who got it from somebody else, so on and so forth. Consider it my Christmas gift to you.

When four of Santa's elves got sick, the trainee elves did not produce toys as fast as the regular ones, and Santa began to feel the pre-Christmas pressure.

Then Mrs. Claus told Santa that her Mother was coming to visit, which stressed Santa even more.

When he went to harness the reindeer, he found that three of them were about to give birth and two others had jumped the fence and were out, Heaven knows where.

Then when he began to load the sleigh, one of the floorboards cracked, the toy bag fell to the ground and all the toys were scattered.

Frustrated, Santa went in the house for a cup of apple cider and a shot of rum. When he went to the cupboard, he discovered the elves had drunk all the cider and hidden the liquor.

In his frustration, he accidentally dropped the cider jug, and it broke into hundreds of little glass pieces all over the kitchen floor.

He went to get the broom and found the mice had eaten all the straw off the end of the broom.

Just then the doorbell rang, and an irritated Santa marched to the door, yanked it open, and there stood a little angel with a great big Christmas tree.

The angel said very cheerfully, "Merry Christmas, Santa. Isn't this a lovely day? I have a beautiful tree for you. Where would you like me to put it?"

And thus began the tradition of the little angel on top of the Christmas tree.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
amishxmas.png

Last edited:

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you live in ski island? I remember going there when I was a kid. It was awesome. I heard they quit doing it though because the neighbors got sick or the traffic.

Ski Island was the attraction for years. I was always told to buy there you had to be able to decorate for Christmas. I've tried to get in there twice but didn't have the scratch.

I don't think it's quite the place it used to be.

Years ago, I heard that the residents decided to quit the decorating because emergency vehicles couldn't even get into the neighborhood because of the bumper to bumper traffic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom