Chronograph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the Chrony, Beta Master model. I caught it on sale at Midway for 100/110 bucks. I don't know if it would be considered "best" or not but it does everything that I need it to do. No matter what model you go with I would highly suggest getting a model with a remote display. It is very nice to have the display right at the bench with you. Especially if the range is busy and the chrono is several yards downrange. The remote display is also cheaper to repair/replace in the event that the chrono gets shot. Just my 2 cents YMMV.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't worry about a crowded range. First off when I arrive, I sweep everybody with the muzzle a few times, and act completely like I have no idea what I am doing. If anybody sticks around after that, I always break out the loudest compensated rifle I have and rap off several rounds. And then sweep the range again. The remote display would be great, as I wouldn't have have one of the kids lie down in between shots so that he could holler back the numbers quickly.

^^^^I am only kidding!^^^^
Seems like I have seen that model recommended before. The remote display will be helpful.
Thank you

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw a review of the V2 model, compared to the shooting chroneys and the competitors.

The V2 got the best reviews. I'll bet the V3 is really good. It takes the variables that plague the photo transistor models out of the picture.

I used a shooting chrony and finally got fed up with it. When it worked it worked okay but it took 20-30 min to set up. One day while using it I didn't notice that my rifles recoil was moving the barrel a little right after each shot; I was shooting off a bipod from my wooden prone bench. I ended up shooting both metal rods on the right side. I can still get it to work but the Magnetospeed is a better product in my opinion. POI shifts aren't a problem.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the shooting chrony as well.
It and most others have problems being accurate because of the limitations the electronics have with different levels of sunlight, requiring them to use sun screens to diffuse the the light.
I won't bore you with the electronic reasons why.

Latest posts

Top Bottom