Red Dot Sights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin

I like rimfire and rimfire accessories. Yup. Mmhmm
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My next pistol purchase dot will definitely be a Holosun SCS, I have a couple of Venoms now that have never let me down. My SBR has an Aimpoint ACO with Pro rubber cover and Pro lens covers on a Larue mount
Screenshot_20240517-221619.png

Last edited:

Blue Heeler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had Aimpoint sights … absolutely no negatives. Last one I had was a 2x I had mounted on my M1A Scout. Ended up switching it out for an EOTech. Have a green dot Trijicon on a CMMG Banshee and a Meprolight RDS on an AR. No negatives about either.

red442joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't make the most of a red dot due to astigmatism. I'm about to try a Primary Arms SLX with ACSS reticle... I'll let you know how it goes.
My sister just started shooting. She loves her G43x MOS with Holosun 407. I dislike both...

Joe
Only had about 30 seconds to look at it outta the box....not feelin' warm and fuzzy...
When I has some time.....

Joe

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those of you who have astigmatism, check out the Vortex Spitfire.
It has the reticle etched into the lens so it can be used with or without illumination.
The reticle is adjustable. How they do that, I don't know, but I have one on a 9mm PCC that is a dream.
If the battery quits, the reticle is still there.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't make the most of a red dot due to astigmatism. I'm about to try a Primary Arms SLX with ACSS reticle... I'll let you know how it goes.
My sister just started shooting. She loves her G43x MOS with Holosun 407. I dislike both...

Joe

Same here on pistols. Bad uncorrectable Astigmatism. But in a rifle behind a Magnifier, it stops all the starburst.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve messed with red dots for quite a while, and my favorite has been the Aimpoint Micro H1. I’ve also used a Doctor Optic reflex sight a lot too. I found a guy last week selling a Trijicon RMR and a Holosun 509t, and he gave me a pretty good deal for buying them both. I knew the Trijicon was a quality sight, but dang, that 509t may end up being my new favorite.

I haven’t decided which will end up on which, but one will be going on a turkey shotgun and the other on an Encore 308 pistol.

What’s y’alls favorite red dot sight? :anyone:

Holosuns has really impressed me. They stepped up their game and make quality stuff. If I could use one on a pistol I would, have tried 3 different times. They have extraordinary customer service. I had jacked up a battery tray and seal, called and they said no problem, no questions and sent them free. Not just one tray and seal but 3 of each!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holosuns has really impressed me. They stepped up their game and make quality stuff. If I could use one on a pistol I would, have tried 3 different times. They have extraordinary customer service. I had jacked up a battery tray and seal, called and they said no problem, no questions and sent them free. Not just one tray and seal but 3 of each!
I’ve heard the same about Holosun customer service. I shot with this 509t again yesterday and like it a lot. :thumb:
IMG_0821.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom