Closer look at the Magpul AK Magazine (8 pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Bought one off of Midway to try out. Decided to take some pictures of it so I could share it with you guys. It's a good looking and well built magazine. Always been a fan of Magpul AR gear. Really excited for the stuff Magpul will come out with for the AK. Heres some pics:

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps724d14d1.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps7dbe2cd3.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps190b2bac.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsc17acf6d.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsa130ace1.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps04bb24ee.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps2e6780e5.jpg

i1280.photobucket.com_albums_a488_PanhandleGlocker_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps60dabf89.jpg

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen posts all over the web about the excitement over these, and can't figure it out; is it because they are a cheaper polymer mag than the Circle 10s (that are at this time much, much better constructed), or is it for 922r reasons (which are addressed by cheaper Tapcos)? Or is it just because they are made by "Magpul", which is the overwhelming choice of the AR crowd? When you can buy genuine steel, military-issue mags for the same price, the Magpul seems to be the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. And until they completely reinforce it with steel like the Bulgy Circle 10s, it will fall way short of the Circle 10s in durability. I'm prepared to be beaten severely for this, but someone educate me.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen posts all over the web about the excitement over these, and can't figure it out; is it because they are a cheaper polymer mag than the Circle 10s (that are at this time much, much better constructed), or is it for 922r reasons (which are addressed by cheaper Tapcos)? Or is it just because they are made by "Magpul", which is the overwhelming choice of the AR crowd? When you can buy genuine steel, military-issue mags for the same price, the Magpul seems to be the solution to a problem that doesn't exist. And until they completely reinforce it with steel like the Bulgy Circle 10s, it will fall way short of the Circle 10s in durability. I'm prepared to be beaten severely for this, but someone educate me.

Ahhh... the cliché and usually BS line of a "problem that doesn't exist" rears it's head.

My reasons for buying Magpul AK mags...

Is it because they are cheaper and easier to find than circle 10s? I'd say that's an obvious yes.

922r reasons? Yes....without a doubt. Addressed by cheaper Tapcos? Sorry but I'll pay the extra $3 for a Magpul for the reliability and quality. YMMV.

"Geniune" steel mags have dried up considerably, at least locally. You can find some here or there but what I mostly see are the grey Korean ones and they suck.

Durability? Again, I'll take my chances with Magpul.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
GMT pretty much summed it up.

Only steel ones I find are used, rusted, and are $20+. Or the crappy korean ones.

I bought this magpul one to compare it to the tapcos I have. If you look in the gear part of the classifieds, you will see that I am now selling my tapcos to replace them with magpuls.

I am going to wait awhile though. Magpul is supposed to come out with a steel reinforced version of this mag.

Latest posts

Top Bottom