CMMG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently when I was doing some clean-up as part of my honeydew list, I happened on three 25-rnd mags for my CMMG conversion unit in my AR. I remember the manufacturer saying to avoid a specific brand of 22 Long Rifle ammo. Does anyone remember off hand what it was? It seemed like it was Remington, but I'm not sure.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once bought what was supposed to be the good stuff. Remington Target. At least 10 in every box were duds, in multiple guns, (2 pistols and a rifle). Haven’t bought Remington since. 10%+ failure rate is more than I can bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once bought what was supposed to be the good stuff. Remington Target. At least 10 in every box were duds, in multiple guns, (2 pistols and a rifle). Haven’t bought Remington since. 10%+ failure rate is more than I can bear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed; that would be a lot to tolerate. However, I have to say that in my in my two Walthers, Remington 22 LR ammo has been quite reliable. I refer to my PPK/s and my Colt/Walther 1911, also in 22.

Also, in 9 mm Luger, Remington has performed well for me.

Anyway, when I get some stuff done around the house, I'll function-fire my M4gery with the Federals I have the magazines loaded with, and see how things work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom