CMP Gun Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even though the order form states the firearm may be neither functional nor safe? Is this just a CYA disclaimer?

While I tend to think it is a CYA, I would disassemble a newly purchased garand to be sure everything is in working order. I would especially disassemble the bolt to be sure there is no dried cosmoline, junk, etc, inside it that could cause the firing pin to stick. Also, since I have the guages, I tend to check headspace.

Springfield Armory or Harrington & Richardson? Purely an emotional response from me but to me there is just something right about a Springfield Armory garand. If I was only buying one, I'd go with SA. That being said, I think the late production SAs are just as nice as the HRAs. Of course after I had a SA, I'd quickly be looking for the other manufacturers. Personally I still need an IHC and a PB/BMR.

.30-06 or .308? To me garands are supposed to be .30-06. Of course I wouldn't mind adding one in .308 into the mix, but personally, unless I had a reason to go .308, I'd go .30-06.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like an a Anniston, Alabama road trip is in order. It's only an 11-hour drive from BA (and that's going the posted limit ;)).

Trust me it'll take you longer than 11hrs. I make the drive twice a year to see my family in Georgia. You'll catch he!! trying to breeze through Memphis, then you'll have all the construction east of Birmingham. Best to plan a 3 day trip!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom