CMP is getting ready to sell beaucoup ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I applaud those who plunked down the cash for a USGI 1911. For my part, I’d rather spend the cash on a modern 1911 with sights that I can actually use. Now if the sale had happened 15 years ago…. ;)

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tried buying some .22 ammo from CMP when we had the huge shortage and their prices were way above other places so I bought elsewhere.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a pic from The Garand Collectors Assn magazine around 2010 or so when the Greek HXP came in, 25 cents a round IIRC. Wasn't a great deal at the time and took a while to sell out, 25 cents now and I'd back the truck up!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a pic from The Garand Collectors Assn magazine around 2010 or so when the Greek HXP came in, 25 cents a round IIRC. Wasn't a great deal at the time and took a while to sell out, 25 cents now and I'd back the truck up!

In 2010, 240-round cans of Greek HXP were going for $120 apiece. Just two years previously, the same cans were going for $67 apiece.

Fr Mulcahy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still trying to figure out what .22 pistol ammo is. :anyone:
Probably match grade ammunition for use in Bullseye competitions.

I am excited to see that the CMP will be releasing more ammunition. I just hope that the quality is good. I still have some Remington 22LR that I bought from them at Camp Perry about 15 years ago. About every 5th round is a dud. Maybe that's one reason why it didn't cost a lot...

Latest posts

Top Bottom