CMP Kimber 22 Rifle and Daisy Air Rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Remington

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone purchase either of these from the CMP? I really want the Kimber, and I thought the daisey would be fun at H&H's air rifle/pistol range.

Thoughts?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of their Kimber 82G's for a while. Great rifle with amazing accuracy, but HEAVY - you probably wouldn't want to tote it through the woods. Keep in mind if you order one from the CMP, the chances are good that you'll get one with a fine razor cut in the stock. Back in the 1980s, the US Army did an inventory of their stock of the still-in-wrap 82G's, and rather than peel back the wrap on each rifle, they just used a razor blade to cut open the wrap to verify the serial numbers. They weren't too careful about avoiding cutting the stocks at that time.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked the Kimbers over at the south CMP store in October. Perplexed is right; they are heavy and many have a fine cut in the stock. There were a few that looked perfect but even the ones with the cut were pretty nice. I thought about getting one but I was distracted by all the garands.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought one of the CMP Daisy Avanti Air Rifles for my daughter when she turned 5. They are Refurb's, but WELL worth the money. They are extremely accurate. The gun was too heavy for her to hold at that age, but she has grown into it. She is quite the shot. She makes me very proud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom