CMP M1 Garand - What Grade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ricc45

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cmp doesn't have any service grades at the south store, just field and rack grades. They do have a special serivce grade SA for $779 ( I think) It has correct parts and an original barrel with a new stock not available online just at the store and they are almost sold out. I got one three weeks ago and its basically a brand new Garand made in '56. It only about a 12 hour drive from OKC. The CMP south is where all the mail order guns are sent from. The field grade I got there had a muzzle wear of 1.5 the wood was fair but cleaned up great for a $495 rifle.Make the trip if you can you won't be disappointed.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a WRA Rack Grade back when they were still available...rough around the edges but still a good shooter...and a piece of history.

Also grabbed a post-war HRA Correct Grade, practically out of the crate, unissued condition with original LMR barrel.

Just get what you can afford, in the end it's still an M1 Garand.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't go to the CMP store with lots of money, cause you'll leave without any!! My first was an M1 Garand when I retired from the US Army, next was a SC 1903A3(Took a day of sick leave to get her), then two Inland M1 Carbines. Yep got the hats, stickers, lots of other geegaws, and lots of ammo for my new family!!!!

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice to you... ...take the trip! You'll be better off handpicking your rifle. If you order online, you'll get the first thig that they pick off the rack and you might be dissapointed. I handpicked mine and I don't regret one bit of that trip.:twocents:

Latest posts

Top Bottom