College Football Playoffs: BCS To Be Replaced By Four-Team Playoff In 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bout friggin time. At least some of the "I didn't get a chance" teams will have to come up with a new excuse. I do agree that it needs to be 8 teams instead of 4. It will be good for the bowl games, too. It will add meaning to the ones selected to host the playoff games..

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why could they not?? Lots of power in big 12

I did not say they could not but it is not necessarily a given that the Big 12 would automatically get two of the four spots as you suggest. Your assumption is being pretty bold since if the playoff system was in place last year, the Big 12 would have had only one representative, OSU. The playoff would have been Alabama, LSU, OSU and Stanford. I do not see two Big 12 teams there and the Big 12 didn't have two teams worthy of being in the playoff.

There is also lots of power in the SEC and lots of potential for a PAC12 or ACC team to show up too. Automatically assuming Big 12 would have two teams of the four and the third ranked team in the conference would not get a chance to compete for the championship is pretty out there. I think no third ranked team of any conference should be competing for the national championship unless the conference has the top 3 ranked teams in the nation and I do not see the Big 12 having that ability.

Latest posts

Top Bottom