Colonoscopy - Jimmie Hoffa is still missing, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few suggestions:

1. DON'T be afraid to do this. I got my first one at 50 and it wan't scary!!!

2. Have the "medicine" you take before the visit..FLAVORED by the pharmacist. It tastes like horse piss..trust me I know.

The only issue I had was laying on the gurney and the nurse was trying to attach a needle(for the "sleepy" I V later) into the top of my hand. She most have poked me 10-15 times in each hand. I told her...give me that needle, I'll do a better job than you're doing. After about 10 pokes trying to find VERY VISIBLE veins in my hand ...my wife had to walk away..she couldn't watch anymore.

Afterwards being taken into the colonoscopy room I started talking to a nurse. I notice a tv/computer screen and asked if I could watch my procedure. Maybe give me a lighter dose of pain medicine so I could watch the camera. The nurse said..Sure, no problem.

They attached the I V to my hand and told me to count to five. I remember..1,2. Then my wife waking me up after the pocedure.

The most difficult part....again...not flavoring the medicine BEFORE you drink it.

My experiences over the years: My first one DID scare me...afterwards. I've always been one that was pretty insistent on being aware of what was going on around me. So, there I was with two good looking young ladies. The brunette was doing one thing and the blonde was putting a needle in for the IV. We were just talking back and forth...

...and then the next thing I remember was yet another good looking young lady asking me if I wanted a Dr. Pepper. I guess the blonde was "ambushing" me, because we never did a countdown. She just put me out.

Now, I want to know if they asked me any embarrassing questions while I was under. Also, it appears that after one reaches a certain age (I'm 74), they don't feel the need for any more colonoscopies. At least, I seem to remember them saying something like that.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Propafol is some good ****. Wish I had some of that to get to sleep at night sometimes.

You only had one polyp? I had 10 the first time and ten this time. The smallest was 2mm and the largest was 4mm. Removed with a "cold snare"

The doctor said, "Colon cancer is preventable" "Not all polyps can become cancerous but all cancers come from polyps."

I was prepared to hear some bad news, but thankfully I got a good report. In April I was having some serious issues and was pretty damn scared, and I do not get scared very often.

At the same time I found out about a half uncle I never knew I had and he passed away in 1991 of colon cancer.

Coincidence I have no idea but it got me motivated to get it done, and can rest a little easy

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now, I want to know if they asked me any embarrassing questions while I was under. Also, it appears that after one reaches a certain age (I'm 74), they don't feel the need for any more colonoscopies. At least, I seem to remember them saying something like that.
Probably not. If they had, you'd have seen it on youtube by now.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few suggestions:

1. DON'T be afraid to do this. I got my first one at 50 and it wan't scary!!!

2. Have the "medicine" you take before the visit..FLAVORED by the pharmacist. It tastes like horse piss..trust me I know.

The only issue I had was laying on the gurney and the nurse was trying to attach a needle(for the "sleepy" I V later) into the top of my hand. She most have poked me 10-15 times in each hand. I told her...give me that needle, I'll do a better job than you're doing. After about 10 pokes trying to find VERY VISIBLE veins in my hand ...my wife had to walk away..she couldn't watch anymore.

Afterwards being taken into the colonoscopy room I started talking to a nurse. I notice a tv/computer screen and asked if I could watch my procedure. Maybe give me a lighter dose of pain medicine so I could watch the camera. The nurse said..Sure, no problem.

They attached the I V to my hand and told me to count to five. I remember..1,2. Then my wife waking me up after the pocedure.

The most difficult part....again...not flavoring the medicine BEFORE you drink it.

I learned the first time to mix it with white cranberry juice instead of water. Water is the chaser that kills the taste. Cranberry juice also helps prevent any urinary tract infections.

Mine was sweet and salty and thick as mucus you almost had to chew it, LOL! I swear it had radiator fluid in it.
Isn't Polyethylene Glycol antifreeze? Sodium Ascorbate, sodium sulfate, ascorbic acid, sodium chloride, (salt) and potassium chloride to replace your electrolytes after squirting all day.

Well at least my ass won't freeze at -20 degrees for a few weeks.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The prep I took was Suprep. 2 parts, my doc gave instructions to drink one part then about 5 hours later drink the 2nd part.

I mixed mine with green poweraide. The kit comes with a cup, you pour one bottle of suprep into the cup then top it off to the fill line with a clear liquid or a sports drink as long as its not red in color. Hint drink it thru a large diameter straw. The first dose went down easy and 20 minutes later my ass erupted for 4 hours.
2nd dose I had to choke down, common complaint, and spent another 4 hours with my ass begging for mercy LOL.

I started this at 1pm, finally finished up around 9:30pm.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got lucky the last time. I was scheduled for one when Covid hit and the doctor called it off during the lock down. A few months later my insurance company sent me a crap-n-box kit. I did that and it came back clear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom